Identity theft is considered to be one of the fastest growing crimes. Here are some things you should do to help protect yourself.
- Check your mail often
- Don’t just throw it out, it could contain personal information
- Shred, shred, shred (bills, receipts, statements…)
- Protect your social insurance number
- Limit what you carry in your wallet and keep a list
- Log off / lock your computer
- Lock your home at all times
- Keep sensitive documents safe
- Double check yur bills and statements
- Check credit report regularly
- Limit number of credit cards
- Use a credit card with a small limit for online purchases
What else do you suggest?